Getting hair that looks fresh out of the hair salon on a day to day basis may seem impossible to achieve. While there is no doubt that when you have just left the salon your hair is most likely to be at its best, there are things you can do at home to maintain the health of your hair. One of the easiest things you can do is to make your own amla hair oil. Here is an easy to follow recipe for making the oil along with instructions on how to use it to nourish your hair in between salon visits.
Amla is filled with Vitamin C, it conditions the hair and helps to prevent graying and hair loss. This is why it is such a beneficial treatment for you hair. To make amla hair oil you will need:
- 120 grams of amla powder
- 250 liters of coconut oil
- 1 liter of water
When you have gathered all the ingredients, you will need to combine them. Here are the instructions for doing so.
- Get a pot and pour in the water, add only 100 of the 120 grams of amla to the water.
- Stir it slightly.
- Put the pot on the stove under low fire and allow it to boil.
- When half the liquid has evaporated, use a strainer to strain off the amla concentrate.
- Get another pot and add the remaining 20 grams of amla powder along with the coconut oil and amla concentrate that you previously made.
- Place the pot on the stove under low fire and bring it to boil.
- Let the mixture simmer until all the water has evaporated.
- Once evaporation of the water is complete there will be a yellow and transparent oil.
- Strain it off and place it in a container.
Now that you have created your amla oil, you are ready to use it to strengthen and nourish your hair to keep it looking salon fresh. Here is how you should use it.
- Part your hair into two sections.
- Pour the oil over each section individually, making sure to saturate the scalp and hair.
- Massage the oil into your scalp for at least five minutes.'
- Wrap your hair in a warm towel for at least an hour, this will allow the oil to permeate the scalp.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with shampoo and then condition it.
- Style your hair as desired.
Using amla oil in between salon visits will keep your hair healthy, so that it looks better and better after each visit to the salon.